I love finding new uses for the things I already have, like I did for this egg slicer.
I wanted to roast some potatoes but didn't want the fuss of chopping the potatoes to fit in the chute, then cleaning out my food processor.
To the rescue - an apple corer. If you leave the potatoes out for a few hours, they'll soften up so you can slice through them fairly easily.
See below for a quick and easy way to serve up some tasty roasted potatoes.
- Wash, then core potatoes.
- Add sliced onions.
- "Massage" potato/onion mix with grape seed oil or olive oil.
- Toss with either tarragon or rosemary.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes. Turn half way.
- Before serving, drizzle with a combination of Dijon mustard, garlic and olive oil.