Oh, Good Heavens! You've really done it, Gaelikka.
I don't, at all, feel qualified to write about heaven, nor hell, for that matter. So, I will leave that up to those who are better equipped to do so.
Instead, I shall write about a few of the things, in no particular order, that constitute heaven on earth for me:
- sunsets and sunrises - endings and beginnings
- clean, crisp sheets
- a walk through an ankle-deep carpet of autumn leaves
- friends and family gathered around a candle-lit table, laughing and enjoying a meal I prepared
- dog-walks in the park when a quiet, steady rain is falling, the leaves are glistening in that "rain light" and the whistle of a train is heard from afar
- fresh ground coffee, especially good when shared with a friend
- a tidy and freshly-cleaned house. Ahhh!
- a tropical beach, a cool breeze off the ocean, surf gently breaking and looking up into a blue sky strewn with fluffy cumulus clouds
- working with clients when they "get it"
- snorkeling in warm, sun-kissed water and enjoying the multi-hued ocean's treasures
- a walk along quiet, mist-shrouded streets, especially in the autumn, when the smell of decaying leaves and wood-smoke tingle the imagination to carry one away to places in another time
- listening to Blue Rodeo, one of my favourite bands, at an outdoor concert under an indigo sky, complemented by stars that appear to be twinkling in time to the music
These are some of the things that make my heart sing. How about you? What are some of your - please click?