I've been on the lookout for the perfect shopping cart ever since my failed attempt at constructing one out of a baby stroller. Thankfully, my hunt is over.
If I can combine grocery shopping with a walk to the store, I can achieve several things at once: exercise, time, fuel and environmental savings.
I found that the pull-type cart was putting too much strain on my hand, wrist and elbow. A fully-loaded backpack presented obstacles as well: my neck, shoulders and back were not happy. To me, the benefit of the walk was dampened by the trials of bringing the groceries home. Until now!
If you’re not walking to the grocery store because your pull-along shopping cart or backpack is pain-inducing, I have a recommendation for you!
The Best Shopping Cart Ever!
I am thrilled to be the proud owner of a Joovy Boot shopping cart, for a number of reasons:
- Ease of use: It's very easy to steer as it maneuvers easily with its 360 degree rotational wheels.
- Ergonomic design: The thick, foam-covered handles are high enough that I don't have to hunch over to push it.
- In-store shopping is easier: I find pushing the in-store grocery carts difficult, especially with my bad hands and elbow. A grocery basket can also be challenging.
- Combine activities: When you live with a chronic illness, such as RA, you may be further stopped in your tracks by a deficit of energy. Therefore it pays to combine activities in order to maximize not only your energy, but also your time, while taking advantage of getting in some movement.
- Portability: It collapses just like a baby stroller and at 14.85 pounds can be put into the car. The upper basket is removable, so that it can be used on-the-go.
- An environmentally-friendly step: If you're walking, you're not driving. If you're not driving, you're saving fuel.
- A conversation starter! I've had a few people ask me where I got it, which resulted in further conversation.
If you're looking for a gift, either for yourself, or a loved one, consider the Joovy Boot shopping cart. I love it and I'm sure you would, too!
For other gift ideas, check out Gift Ideas for People Who Have Arthritis - Updated.
Where to Purchase the Joovy Boot:
Note: RA has ravaged my hands, so I did need help putting on the wheels and collapsing it.
Disclosure: I was fortunate enough to be gifted the Joovy Boot shopping cart, minus shipping, in exchange for an article.