Here's a giveaway for paddles that can add pull power to your swim.
Swimming is one of those activities that has kept me afloat and flexible through the ups and downs of thirty-five years of life with rheumatoid arthritis. I'm always on the look-out for things that give me an advantage, whether on land or at sea, or in this case, in the pool.
I bought these strapless Agility Paddles from Finis. It was love at first stroke!
Here are the reasons why you would want to add them to your swim bag:
- Strapless, ergonomic design reinforces the correct hand position - they fall off if you perform the stroke incorrectly.
- Easy to put on your hands, which is a blessing for anyone with compromised hand mobility. Oh, how I've struggled with the models that use surgical tubing to hold them in place; both in getting them on and taking them off!
- Very quick to put on and take off.
- Increases resistance and improves muscle definition.
- Can be used to do water exercises. Ideal for anyone with dislocated, deformed or swollen hands (common with rheumatoid arthritis). Agility Paddles allow you to keep your hands open and relaxed. Avoid the squeezing that is a requirement when you use those foam aquatic dumb-bells.
How to enter to get a pair for yourself, or to give away to someone else:
- To enter via Rafflecopter, you’ll need to log-in with either your email or Facebook account. If you're unfamiliar with Rafflecopter, click here for the directions on how to enter.
- It is mandatory to leave a comment here on this post in order to be eligible for the draw. Re-posting to Twitter and Google+ is optional.
- If you have a mailing address in Canada or the US, you are eligible to enter this fantastic giveaway.
- Good luck!
- Stay tuned for a future giveaway from the fine folks at Finis!
To purchase these paddles from Amazon, click on the following links:
19 Replies to “Giveaway: Paddle Your Way”
I am 47, diagnosed with AS and RA in 2006 finally after years of numerous struggles wondering whatever was wrong with me, just as numerous others have encountered. I have been slowly coming back up, with trying to find balance between proper exercise modified to work for me without pushing too hard, healthier eating, and finding employment that is modified for my condition. I’ve been anxious to get back into swimming, and have found there are actually arthritis swim classes where I now live, and of course, living in the land of 10,000 lakes here in Minnesota, I’m surrounded by many beautiful lakes to swim !
I connected with the National Arthritis Research Foundation to join Racing 4 a Cure, to try and help raise awareness and funds for NARF to give others a better chance http://www.curearthritis.org/candyces-fights-ra-as/.
Good luck to all out there who are fighting to make a difference and raise awareness !
I grew up in Thunder Bay, so I’m very familiar with the plentitude of lakes in your region, Candy.
I’m awarding you a number of Auntie Stress points for working on attaining a balance between all the things you’ve listed. Way to go! Good Luck in this giveaway and on your other ventures!
Congratulations, Katherine! You’re adding pull power to your swim with these Agility Paddles from Finis Swim.
I swim to keep agile and love to stretch at the Minoru teaching pool. The buoyancy helps me with my Yoga.
Good Luck, Katherine! In the pool, and on dry land!
Swimming is such great exercise – and these Paddles seem like an awesome assist!
That it is, Taylor. I’m just thrilled with my paddles; they’re such an improvement over the other ones I’ve had. Good Luck!
WOW this would be so perfect for me! As you know I swim three times a week and finding the right equipment that works for those of us with RA is difficult to say the least. I am so eager to get back to my swimming and look forward to starting up again as soon as my recovery for surgery is complete which should be just a few weeks now! Nan
I know that as a fellow swimming enthusiast, this giveaway would appeal to you. All the best, Nan!
I love the concept! My freestyle technique has always been the worse of all swimming styles. I hope it will help me improve it.
These are such a brilliant idea. When you don’t do the stroke properly, they fall off. Good Luck!
I love swimming because it’s so so nice to feel strong in my shoulders 😀
Then, these will do the trick. Good Luck in the giveaway, Ashley!
This will really help my new adventures in swimming.
They are such a great adjunct to your swimming routine.
Thank you for entering. Stay tuned for more giveaways.
Katherine Lecy is the lucky winner of the Agility Hand Paddles from Finis Swim. These are the best and most comfortable hand paddles I’ve ever used.
Thank you for the Agility Hand Paddles. They came very quickly in the mail and I have been using them every time I swim. It has helped with correcting my strokes and I am now swimming slightly faster. The paddles are helping with muscle definition with my arms.
The paddles a very easy to use. Initially I was worried they would slide off but this has not been a problem. The design is brillant and very happy to use them
Congrats on the win, Katherine! We are thrilled that you love your new Agility Paddles. Keep swimming!
I’m so glad that you’re enjoying the Agility Paddles.