I recently came across Aligned and Well (now known as Nutritious Movement) a website that sells books, DVDs and kits. Katy Bowman created Aligned and Well to help you make the most of the body you're in with an exercise prescription that will help you restore alignment so that you can move in a more natural manner. When you are aware of some of the movement habits that you may have cultivated in response to your pain and deformity, you can make changes which will help you do and feel better.
Incidentally, since there is absolutely no way I can lean on my wrists, as pictured, I've done an adapted version at my desk. Does that count, Katy?
A further search reveals a whole series of DVDs, but the one that I'm excited to share with you is called When You Hurt All Over.
This is like having a physiotherapist and personal trainer in your living room! You may have heard some of the information elsewhere, but if you are in the midst of a chronic situation, some of that information may have become lost, thanks to those stress hormones that liberally flow during chronic periods.
I've had the opportunity to add some of the exercises from When You Hurt All Over to my routine; I know they will pay off in the long run.
Now, thanks to Katy, one lucky person will receive a copy of When You Hurt All Over!
How to Enter and Rules:
1. To enter the giveaway, complete the following statement by leaving your answer in the comment section, below: When I feel better, I _________.
2. Entries must be received by midnight PST on Sunday, November 24th, 2013.
3. How exciting! Thanks to Katy's generosity, this contest is open to anyone, anywhere.
4. For extra entries to the draw, let's get social:
- On Twitter? For an extra entry share the following: I just entered a #giveaway from @AuntieStress, courtesy of @AlignedandWell - http://wp.me/p1OifR-2ax.
- Make your way over to my Pinterest Board called "Giveaways." Earn one entry by clicking “Comment” and leaving one. Re-pin it for another entry. Just leave a comment here, providing me with the link to where you pinned it on your Pinterest Board.
- On Google+? Be sure to +MariannaPaulson when you share the link, and you'll earn another entry.
5. One winning entrant will be drawn from a hat. You will be notified via email. Your name will appear here, and on Twitter, Pinterest and Google+. You must be of legal age to enter.
Disclosure: Please check with your doctor before beginning any new exercise program.