I've found that rheumatoid arthritis (RA) has forced me to be creative through necessity. With limited mobility, I've looked for out-of-the-box solutions for everyday challenges. I look for multiple uses for things I already have, such as these suggestions that I've shared in earlier posts:
- Nutcrackers - Not Just for Christmas
- Boa Constrictor Strap Wrench
- Egg Slicer Finds a New Job
- Pastry Blender to Potato Masher
- These Boots Are Made for Removin'
- Wrenching Your Fingers - a wrench is a great assistant
- Those Pesky Gas Caps
- Elastics Aplenty? - use them to get a grip!
- Gripping or Griping? - surgical gloves to the rescue!
- Tennis (Ball), Anyone? - good for that pain in the butt
- Give Your Hands a Rest - use a dishcloth or hand towel
- From Laundry Room to the Kitchen - clothes pins
If you live with a chronic illness, or have limited mobility, has it forced you to think outside of the box? Have you become more creative? What are some examples?