Put away your phone. Put down your book. Stop chatting.
For the next few minutes get into the zone. Let yourself be transported by the grace of nature into a place that resonates with the beat of your heart.
- Go to your favourite beach.
- Get comfy, either on the sand, a chair, the dock or a log.
- Exhale slowly to the count of five.
- Inhale slowly to the count of five.
- Establish a nice smooth rhythm which you will continue for Steps 7 to 10.
- Gently shift your attention to your hearing. Notice the symphony of sounds such as the water lapping along the shore, the wind whistling in your ears, the birds singing...
- Next, pay attention to what you see. Nature has provided a living landscape for you to enjoy. Notice the colours, the light, the patterns...
- Finally, notice your breath. How do you feel? Is there any tightness anywhere? What does the sand feel like under your feet? How does it feel when the sun kisses your skin? Perhaps your feet are being massaged by the water at the shore - what does that feel like? Has your mind quieted down? Do you feel more peaceful?
- Repeat often.
7 Replies to “#532 – What to Do at the Beach When You Have RA #4”
Ahh, my favorite thing. Nothing, nothing at all. I love it.
Fabulous “to-do” for anyone to get to that “to-be” feeling. I’m feeling more relaxed and refreshed just reading your post.
Mahalo for all that you do to help us de-stress!
I love how you captured the essence of this post, Jackie. From “to do” to “to be”.
This was lovely. As soon as I’m out of bed from this flare I’m doing that. 😊
Doing this will help you quench the fire of the flare faster! Be well.
Just looking at your photo, I feel relaxed. Nature has a special way of giving us exactly what we need.
Applause to that, Cathy!