Research is showing that creativity can have a positive effect on emotional well-being. Conversely, positive emotional states have been shown to increase creativity. An article in The Journal of Positive Psychology entitled "Everyday creative activity as a path to flourishing" states:
"Recent experience sampling and diary studies have shown that spending time on creative goals during a day is associated with higher activated positive affect (PA) on that day."
Creativity and well-being are a symbiotic relationship, with each part enhancing the other.
My #SummitFriend, Jacqui Barrett-Poindexter, settles upon a three word theme as a guidepost for the upcoming year. If you've chosen "creativity" as one of your 3 words for 2017 or have made a resolution to be more creative, this giveaway can help you unravel the limits of your imagination and get in touch with a part of yourself that you may have neglected.
If you're like me, you fondly remember when it was time for Art Class in elementary school. This was well before those voices started chipping away at the joy you found in simply losing yourself in the creative process. "Not good enough," or "I can't do it as well as ______!" may still send an echo like a distant radio signal from outer space.
Collage is not only a currently trending art form, it is a simple and accessible way to focus on the inner self and ignore the outside world for a while. It requires only basic guidance and material, and allows the creator to express the primal inexpressible, outside of the lines and outside of the rules.
Once Upon a Piece of Paper by Andrea D'Aquino encourages you to tune in and reignite the simple joy that comes from being creative through collage. In Once Upon a Piece of Paper, Andrea helps you get in touch with that inner artist with 112 pages of examples, guidelines and suggestions. Best of all, the book comes with a 100 page multi-hued paper pack to cause your imagination to soar. All you need to get to work is this attractively packaged kit in a beautiful hard-cover case, a pair of scissors and some glue.
Making the Stress Connection
Last year, colouring books seemed to be the perfect way to unwind and relieve everyday tension and connect with a simple and satisfying inner creativity.While colouring books are all the rage, the next generation comes to you in a book that will require you to have a little more focus, flexibility and active expression of choice and personality. Enter to win a copy of Once Upon a Piece of Paper by Andrea D'Aquino.
Stress levels are at an all-time high. Despite having all the modern conveniences to augment life, the rapid-fire pace of today's world, plus the constant tugs on one's personal space and time all takes its toll. In order not to bend then break under the weight of life in the 21st century, it is important to source out strategies to help you transform your life. Strategies can assist you find a new perspective, construct healthy boundaries and judiciously exercise your yes and no muscles. They can also help you determine what's important to you so you get more servings of the things you love.
If you're struggling to tame your stress, you don't have to do it alone. With many options available to you, I'd love to help you step onto a path that is just-right for you. Call or email to get started.
How to enter the giveaway:
- This contest is open to anyone of legal age, anywhere in the world.
- Contest closes at midnight PT, on Friday, January 20th, 2017. One name will be drawn from a hat.
- To enter the giveaway, leave a comment.
- Earn another entry by subscribing to my mostly monthly newsletter. (Let me know if you’re already a subscriber. You'll receive two entries.)
- For extra entries to the giveaway, get social:
- On Twitter? Share the following: #Giveaway from @AuntieStress for Once Upon a Piece of Paper by Andrea D'Aquino, courtesy of @QuartoKnows: http://wp.me/p2PenP-1Qy #collage
- On Google+? Be sure to +MariannaPaulson when you share the link, and you’ll earn another entry.
- Make your way over to my Pinterest Board called Giveaways. Earn one entry by clicking “Comment” on the Once Upon a Piece of Paper pin, then leave one. Earn another entry by re-pinning this giveaway announcement.
- If you decide to share on one of your other social media sites, be sure to paste in the link in the comment section, below.