I've said it aloud, many times. I've also said it here. Your feet can and do hurt - a lot - when you have rheumatoid arthritis.
I've had surgery, which has made a huge difference, not only to how my feet feel, but also to how they look. No more permanently hooked toes for me!
But not everyone wants surgery, nor is a candidate for it. What to do with those achy feet, especially if you don't always want to wear those orthopedically-sound, but not so fashionable, shoes? Fortunately, things have come a long way in the shoe (and foot) department, since I was first diagnosed!
Christian Johannsen at Foot Solutions in Vancouver has the answer, and is generously offering a giveaway of one pair of SlimLine Orthotics. These orthotics will give you the opportunity to step out in shoes that match your outfit, rather than shoes that look better with work-out wear.
Oh, you'd like to know more? I thought you'd never ask!
The SlimLine foot orthotics from Foot Solutions ($159.00) are made by using a 3D cast of your feet. They're designed to easily slip into dress shoes, ski boots, cleats, roller-blades and more. Yes, when your disease is well-controlled, you can skate and ski, and dance the night away!
In addition, Foot Solutions also carries a full range of shoes and sandals to accommodate your orthotics and your feet. As a bonus, you'll meet the great people who work there!
Here's how to enter:
- To enter the giveaway, complete the following sentence: My feet are ____________.
- Entries must be received by midnight PST on Sunday, July 6th, 2013.
- In order to enter, you must be able to visit the Foot Solutions store in Kitsilano at 2620 West Broadway in Vancouver.
- For extra entries to the draw, let’s get social:
- On Twitter share the following: I just entered a #giveaway for a pr of #Orthotics from @AuntieStress, thx to @FootSolutionsBC. Enter here: http://wp.me/p1OifR-26e.
- On Pinterest share a comment or re-pin the giveaway on my "Giveaways" board.
- One winning entrant will be drawn from a hat. You will be notified via email. Your name will appear here, on Twitter and on Pinterest.