Do you like soup? I do, especially home-made. It's one of my favourite things to make, for a number of reasons, including:
- you can load it with veggies
- you can throw in those less-than-perfect veggies - who is going to know?
- you can control what goes into the soup, like sodium and fat
- no artificial ingredients
- it's cost efficient
- you don't have to lug cans home from the grocery store
- there's less garbage
- one pot means less work - both in preparation and clean-up
- it's a good thing to make when energy levels wane
- if you double your batch, you'll have enough for several meals
Do you have a house soup? Let me know if you would like the recipes, which are based on instinct more than anything else!