My goal is to make the majority of our meals from scratch, using wholesome ingredients. Generally speaking, I succeed.
With some planning, it doesn't take a lot of extra time, contrary to what we've been "sold" by some convenience food makers.
Similarly, stress transformation doesn't require a great deal of time. Since you are thinking and feeling anyway, why not make time and learn to guide the way you think and feel? Brew up some fine heart-felt feelings like appreciation, care and compassion and you'll enjoy a change in stress levels.
You'll be asking for more when you notice how simple it is to feel that much better.
Speaking of seconds, here is my recipe for made-from-scratch iced tea:
- 1 teabag of black tea
- 1 teabag of fruit-flavoured herbal tea
- 2 pinches of loose-leaf green tea (or a green tea bag)
- 1 stock of mint
- 1 stock of lemon balm (optional)
- Slices of citrus (orange, lemon, lime)
- Your favourite sweetener (sugar, honey, agave, Stevia)
- Boil water.
- Place the 3 kinds of tea in a pitcher.
- Pour water over tea. Let steep a few minutes.
- Remove tea bags.
- Add herbs and sugar. Stir well.
- Pause. Sip. Enjoy!