I love teaching these techniques to children!
They are so quick to catch on because they don't have to undo years of bad habits or self-talk. Once they're shown a better way to conduct their lives, they just get on with doing it.
I had the pleasure of working with Lisa, a grade 4 student. Her mother called me because Lisa was exhibiting some signs of anxiety at school. Before tests she would self-soothe by counting repeatedly on her fingers.
After just three sessions, her mother was thrilled to report that she noticed a difference in Lisa's posture, as well as in her interaction with her sister. She was now standing her ground and not letting her sister bully her.
Math marks improved to an A and at the Parent/Teacher conference her teacher remarked that Lisa was now speaking audibly in class. She was also volunteering answers. She even stopped the counting!
When I asked Lisa about her experience, she said that she felt better about herself and her ability to do well in school.
Lisa continued with her positive shifts in emotions and behaviour and ended the school year on a high note.
Working with children is interesting because they immediately recognize the benefits of the tools and techniques and very quickly adopt them and make them work in their lives.
10 reasons to equip your child with heart-activated techniques
- You are giving your child the key to access higher brain function by learning to calm the stress response. Your child is better able to concentrate on the work, as opposed to what is stressing them.
- To learn to improve test performance, students require Stress Smarts and Test Smarts, which has an impact on Facts Smarts.
- It is easier to nip bad habits at a younger age, before they become entrenched.
- Decision-making is greatly impacted when stress is not transformed.
- Your child is empowered by learning to trust his/her decision-making skills.
- Reacting to situations often results in poor life choices. They learn to be proactive in their lives.
- Cortisol, "the stress hormone", can be a contributing factor in a number of illnesses, including Diabetes, Heart Disease, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Immune conditions and menstrual and fertility issues. These may not show up for years or decades.
- Improved relationships.
- They feel better emotionally, mentally and physically.
- You feel better!
"Marianna has been a a wonderful life coach/tutor for my son Adam who is 9. Adam is an intelligent, sensitive and creative young boy who is easily distracted at the task at hand.
Marianna has been able to use the HeartMath techniques to train Adam to calm himself so that he is more centered and focused to complete his homework. With her years of experience as a teacher, she is an excellent tutor with Adam. He has turned the corner from avoiding 'or forgetting' his homework to knowing what needs to be done." - K. Lecy
Please contact me for more information about programs.