I am not a pool player, but for those who are, you may be able to relate to this analogy.
What would happen if you played pool on a table without pockets? I imagine you’d say that the game is pointless.
How many of you have no idea what you’d like to do next or are afraid to even start? Perhaps, like that pool table with no pockets, there is no starting point because there is no end point. How do you know which way to go if you don’t have an idea of the destination?
By choosing to do nothing, we are still choosing and it does produce an outcome…one we may not like. That “outcome” contributes to more of the same – in other words it sets up a cycle; one that leaves us stuck.
How do you change the game?
1. Activate the power of your heart. The heart is actually the strongest organ in the body and with some easy to apply techniques you will be able to take advantage of this “power-assist” feature. When you do, life gets easier.
2. Brainstorm a list of things you’d like to do – even if you think they’re outrageous. Put them down anyway.
3. Choose one thing from your list and ask yourself how to move closer to accomplishing this one thing.
4. Then, do it.
5. Be patient – it may not be the right thing or you may need to do something differently.
6. Activate the power of your heart and ask again.
7. Repeat as necessary.
8. Soon, you’ll be playing a different kind of game!